Ok, so this recipe is more about feeding me and her dad than my little girl, I LOVE mac and cheese!! This is a nice and simple (but filling recipe) that should satisfy even the fussiest of eaters!
1 heaped tbsp butter
1 heaped tbsp plain flour
400g macaroni pasta
300g cheese (200g mature cheddar/100g medium cheddar)
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
• Preheat your oven to 220°C/425°F/ Gas Mark 7
• Put your pasta on to boil
• Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan, then stir in your flour and mix into a thick paste
• Over a medium heat, very gradually add in the milk, stirring all the time to ensure the sauce stays smooth.
• Stir in the mustard, followed by the mature cheddar cheese
• Once the sauce is smooth, stir in your cooked and drained pasta
• Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and bake for 20 mins until golden brown
• Serve with some homemade garlic toast and chopped cherry tomatoes
Try stirring in some chunky cooked ham for an extra tasty twist.
Rate this recipe:
Let me know what you think by dropping me an email.