I had a spark of inspiration to make a scotch egg for the little lady after going to a function where there were mini scotch eggs on the buffet. This recipe is crazy easy and the little lady actually loves them. They make a great lunch or picnic snack as they are easy to take to places with you.
400g quality sausage meat
6 hard boiled eggs
1 egg, beaten
75g natural breadcrumbs
1 large pinch paprika
1 quick grind of black pepper
• Preheat your oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5
• Hard boil 6 eggs and allow to cool
• Between 2 sheets of clingfilm, roll your sausage meat out so that you can divide it into 6 portions
• Wrap the sausage meat around each egg evenly
• Mix the paprika and pepper into the breadcrumbs
• Dip the meat balls in the egg then breadcrumb mix, and place on a baking tray
• Oven bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown
Rate this recipe:
Let me know what you think by dropping me an email.