I have already mentioned how I am not very good at baking generally, but I seem to do ok with muffins… just! These muffins are fairly sweet and the little princess seems to like them! The recipe below makes 6 small to standard sized muffins, and you can easily double the quantities to make for extra little greedy, grubby fingers.
Also, if anyone tries this recipe and takes a better photo, please send me it so I can replace my own!! The email address can be found on the “Welcome” page.
75g self-raising flour
30g butter (plus a little more for greasing)
1 eggs, beaten
2 ripe bananas
Large sprinkling of cinnamon
• Preheat your oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas Mark 5 and lightly grease a muffin tray. (I use a little silicon heart shaped one that is super cute and non-stick)
• Sift the flour and cinnamon into a large bowl and make a well in the centre
• Gently melt the butter in a pan over a low heat
• In a separate bowl, mash your bananas and then mix in your beaten egg and melted butter
• Lightly fold the banana mixture into the flour
• Spoon your mixture into your muffin tray and then bake for 10-15 mins (depending on size) until golden brown then remove from the oven
• Allow them to sit for 5 mins before turning them out onto a cooling rack
You can add a small handful of sultanas or finely chopped dates for an additional flavour
Rate this recipe:
“The banana muffins are so easy and quick to make. A great hit with all the family.” – Laura
Let me know what you think by dropping me an email.