My little girl came home from nursery one afternoon, and on her daily sheet, they’d noted that she’d eaten a creamy sausage pasta for dinner. It sounded lovely so I searched the wibbly wobbly web to find a suitable pasta recipe, and then promptly tweaked it! Seeing as her favourite meal is “getti”, this went down a treat!! (if you reduce the cream slightly and blend the sauce on it’s own, it makes a really creamy tomato and basil soup!)
300g spaghetti/pasta (I used wholemeal spaghetti)
1 diced onion
1 tsp garlic paste
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
A grind black pepper
120ml double cream
1 tbsp butter
• Put your sausages on to cook. Keep your eye on them throughout.
• In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over a medium heat.
• Add the tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper.
• Bring to the boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
• Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, put your pasta on to boil
• Reduce the heat and stir in the cream and butter.
• Simmer for 5 more mins, then remove from the heat.
• Remove your cooked sausages and slice them up.
• Drain you pasta, then stir it into your sauce along with your sausages, and serve
You could replace the sausage with chicken or crispy grilled bacon (I tried throwing in plenty of bacon as it was quicker than cooking sausages!) or even have it as a vegetarian dish. You could even add a little mild chilli powder for an extra kick.
Rate this recipe:
Let me know what you think by dropping me an email.