At my little girl’s first Christmas she was 6 months’s old, and I thought it would be super cute for her to “make” fudge to give to family members. So I found a recipe, bought little cellophane bags and ribbon, wrapped the fudge in baking paper and gave that out to family members. At the time, I made chocolate and caramel flavoured fudge. Since then, I have found this recipe and it always gets the best reviews out of all the flavours.
550g white chocolate
1 can condensed milk
1 pack Oreo cookies (broken up. I snapped mine into thirds or quarters)
- Line a baking tray or plastic container with grease-proof/baking paper
- Snap each of the cookies into 3 or 4 pieces and leave in a bowl
- Melt the chocolate and condensed milk together in the microwave (on full) for 1 minute
- Stir, then if not melted, zap and stir in 30 second bursts until fully melted
- Stir the cookies into the chocolate mixture, then pour the mixture into your lined tin, smoothing it out for an even surface
- Pop in the fridge until set, usually 3-4 hours. (I leave it overnight.) Then cut and serve as needed
You can make chocolate fudge using the condensed milk melted with 50g unsalted butter, stir in 300g dark and 100g milk chocolate, then sieve in 50g icing sugar. Chill as above and cut and serve when needed.
Rate this recipe:
Let me know what you think by dropping me an email.