I like to give my little one as many low sugar treats as possible, and this recipe lets me do this. They are simple to make and take no time to bake too. She lives her biscuits and milk at snack time!
75g unsalted butter
1 grated apple
1 egg yolk
1/2 tbsp honey
• Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas Mark 4
• Sieve the flour into a bowl
• Chop up the butter and add it to the flour, then rub the flour and butter together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
• Peel and core an apple then grate it
• Add the grated apple, honey and egg yoke to your dry ingredients and mix together into a dough
• Roll out your dough approx 0.5-1cm thick, and cut out your biscuits
• Cover your baking tray in baking paper and lay out your biscuits
• Bake for 10 mins and then check regularly until they’re finished as they cook quickly
You could maybe add raisins to these biscuits or other chopped dried fruit. I haven’t tried that, but if you do, let me know how they turn out!
Rate this recipe:
Let me know what you think by dropping me an email.