These are a fab little simple lunch or snack idea as they consist of only a few ingredients, they can be made a day or so in advance, and they are great for babies who are getting their first teeth come through.
100g butter plus a little extra for greasing
300g traditional porridge oats (not “instant” oat cereal)
350g cheese, grated
2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease a Swiss roll tin (or similar)
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat
- Add the oats, eggs, and cheese and mix well
- Press the mixture into the tin with the back of a spoon, approx. 1-1.5cm thick
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins until golden brown
- Allow to sit and cool for 5 mins before slicing it and turning it out onto a cooling rack
Grate in 200gms of a vegetable such as sweet potato, red onion or parsnip to add a different texture and flavour. (I tried adding sweet potato and my baby girl loved it for a change.)
Rate this recipe:
Let me know what you think by dropping me an email.