Personally, I don’t really like tuna, so these are definitely made for the kids rather than me. However, they do make great fish cakes for everyone. I think they’re my little boy’s favourite thing to eat!
2 large potatoes
185g tin tuna (in spring water)
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
25g unsalted butter
25-50g breadcrumbs (toasted works best)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into small pieces and boil them until they are soft
- Add the butter
- Drain the tuna and break it up
- When the potatoes are cooked, add the tuna and lime juice, and mix well
- Shape the mixture into burger shapes, then coat them in breadcrumbs
- Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 20 mins until browned and cooked through
These fish cakes can be made with salmon instead of tuna for a bit of a “fancier” dinner
Rate this recipe:
Let me know what you think by dropping me an email.