I never thought these little burgers would interest my little lady, but when she goes through a “no veg” phase, these really do ensure that she is eating vegetables every day. I make a batch and freeze them to be used when I need them. If you make the burgers a bit smaller, they make a great accompaniment for most meats and fish.
75g grated carrots
40g grated courgettes
40g tinned/frozen peas
40g tinned/frozen sweetcorn
60g grated cheese
• Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4
• Boil the chopped and peeled potatoes until soft, and mash with a little butter
• Steam the vegetables for a few mins until cooked though
• Mix the vegetables and cheese into the mashed potato
• Shape the mixture into 8-12 burgers (adjust the size depending on age of your child)
• Lightly coat the burgers in breadcrumbs
• Place on a baking tray and cook for 20mins
You can add any vegetables you like really, chopped broccoli works well too
Rate this recipe:
Let me know what you think by dropping me an email.